[rfc-i] Fwd: Comment on headers-and-boilerplates

Russ Housley housley at vigilsec.com
Tue Dec 9 07:21:44 PST 2008

Rob:

This is not true.  The IESG does a significantly different review in
the two cases (as is described in RFC 3932).  For individual
submissions that are sponsored by an AD, the IESG does a full
cross-Area technical review.  For independent submissions from the
RFC Editor or IRTF, the IESG is not responsible for the technical
content, rather the IESG ensures that the document is not an end-run
around an IETF WG.

Russ