[rfc-i] Beta Version -- Online Errata Reporting

RFC Editor rfc-editor at rfc-editor.org
Wed Oct 17 09:08:53 PDT 2007

All,

We have been working to develop the errata system as proposed in
<draft-rfc-editor-errata-process-00.txt>.  We are ready to begin
testing the beta version on the errata reporting process that is now
available at:

    http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata.php

If you have pending errata to report, or if you have an errata report
already sitting in the pending file
(ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/pending-errata/pending-errata.msgs),
we encourage you to test the reporting process and provide
feedback.  If you choose to report an erratum that has already
been posted in the "pending-errata.msgs" file, please send us an email
(rfc-editor at rfc-editor.org) to let us know that the entry has been
re-reported online.

Please send your feedback to the rfc-interest list
(rfc-interest at rfc-editor.org).

Once the errata has been reported, an email will be sent to the
authors of the RFC and the verifying party (determined by the stream
that produced the RFC: IETF, IAB, IRTF, or Independent Submission).

For more information, please see:

Proposed Errata Process
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rfc-editor-errata-process-00.txt

How to Report Errata
http://www.rfc-editor.org/how_to_report.html

Please note that the process has not been finalized and that the
system is in beta.  Also, please note that during the transition, the
newly reported errata are available from
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata.php, but not through our current
errata display (e.g., http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata.html and the
RFC search engine results).  We are hoping to complete this transition
in early November.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.  Your
feedback is important to shaping the system.

Thank you.

The RFC Editor Team