[rfc-i] [RFC State] <draft-ietf-atompub-protocol-17> has changed state]

RFC Editor rfc-editor at rfc-editor.org
Wed Aug 29 10:29:46 PDT 2007

Hi Paul,

Our apologies for the delayed response, and thank you for the reminder
that we need to include a more prominent explanation on our site about
*A.

Currently, the explanation appears at:

   http://www.rfc-editor.org/news.html

17 January 2006 -- State Change Messages to Authors

    If present, the suffix "*A" in the state listed in this message
means: "IANA actions are needed". This is an encoding of the keyword
"IANA" in the queue entry for the Draft.

    If present, the suffix "*R" in the state listed in this message
means: "Contains one or more normative references to drafts that are
not yet published." Any such references are detailed after the keyword
"REF" in the queue entry for the Draft.

Thanks!

Sandy
for the RFC Editor

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Mon Aug 13 13:29:39 PDT 2007

Greetings again. I just got the following (as co-chair of the Atompub
WG):

>To: joe at bitworking.org, bill at dehora.net
>From: rfc-editor at rfc-editor.org
>Cc: atompub-ads at tools.ietf.org, atompub-chairs at tools.ietf.org,
>         rfc-editor at rfc-editor.org
>Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 13:20:21 -0700 (PDT)
>Subject: [RFC State] <draft-ietf-atompub-protocol-17> has changed
state

>The document draft-ietf-atompub-protocol-17 has
>changed from EDIT*A state to EDIT state. We thought you'd like to
know.
>You can check on your document's status at
><http://www.rfc-editor.org/queue.html#draft-ietf-atompub-protocol>.

What is the difference between "EDIT*A" and "EDIT"? The former is not
described in the queue.html page.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium