[rfc-i] The page length of the first page in the RFC series

Magnus Westerlund magnus.westerlund at ericsson.com
Tue Jan 17 07:31:54 PST 2006

Yes, I agree it is an minor bug. However to my understanding this is a
tool error rather than being an error of content which thus should be
possible to fix once and for all.

But this is probably sufficient argument around this issue. And I do
hope the RFC editor has added it into their bug list for consideration
for future fixing.

Keith Moore wrote:
>> Sure, but when you have a footer that are always present on the last
>> line, then that footer jumps up and down on the pages. If the footer
>> wasn't there I wouldn't argue at all, because then I wouldn't notice it.
> ah, I see what you are saying.  yes, the footer should be in the same
> place on every page.  I'd regard this as a bug, though a minor one.
> I can usually find bigger concerns with the actual text of the RFC.
> Keith

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: magnus.westerlund at ericsson.com