[rfc-i] The page length of the first page in the RFC series

Keith Moore moore at cs.utk.edu
Mon Jan 16 17:55:28 PST 2006

> Well, I don't see how you can say this is an bug in MS, to me it seems
> to be a bug in the produced RFCs. They don't have the same number of
> lines with text.

That's the whole point in using form feeds - so that all of the pages
don't have to have exactly the same number of lines of text, and so that
the document will still print with its text aligned on output pages
given different type and media sizes.

> Are you saying that this is an result of my side using MS or the
> RFC-editor running MS?

There's nothing wrong with the RFC's

RFC document format worked extremely well across the much wider variety
of character sizes and file formats that were in use in the mid-1970s
when RFCs began to be written, and continued to work just fine on every
platform until Microsoft stopped supporting the ability of its OS to
print ASCII.

Keith