[rfc-i] Interested topics

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Sun Jan 15 06:00:57 PST 2006

On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 07:36:05PM +0000,
 ayush anand <ayush_anand2002 at yahoo.co.in> wrote
 a message of 44 lines which said:

>     Respected sir,

May be there are women here, too?

> I am interested in Security, Virus, Hacking, Networking, Protocols,
> Internet related topics and Programming.

And what precisely do you expect from us? This is a very broad set of
subjects. I do not think that more than ten persons in the whole IETF
master all these subjects :-)

Since this is a mailing list devoted to RFC, I suggest to start from:

http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

but I warn you: while most RFCs are quite readable (specially when you
compare to ANSI or ITU standards), they are nevertheless very
technical documents, not intended for the beginner which you seems to
be. Depending on your present level, it may be better to start from
some text book like Tanenbaum's "Computer Networks" or Stevens'
"TCP/IP" (I know that it may be difficult or expensive to find it in
India; if someone has a good on-line textbook to suggest?)

> Please reply as soon as possible

This is may be why you got no reply yet? Do you understand that you
are not our boss or supervisor and therefore cannot yell "Do it ASAP"?