[rfc-i] The page length of the first page in the RFC series

Keith Moore moore at cs.utk.edu
Sat Jan 14 13:13:05 PST 2006

Bob Braden wrote:

>> Okay, however can I expect that this is corrected?
>

> Well, from one viewpoint it is not a bug.  The bug is in the software
> like that from Microsoft which does not support ASCII Form Feeds.

my guess is that most windows users try to print RFCs by first viewing
them in a web browser, then using the browser to print the document.

in general, most web browsers (whether by MS or anyone else) don't seem
to support FFs when printing TXT documents, probably because they
convert the text to HTML before displaying it. until recently there
wasn't a good way to say "insert a page break here when printing" in HTML.

maybe someone can do a survey of web browsers that run on windows to see
if any of them has fixed this bug.  (I'd do it but I don't use windows)