[rfc-i] Updated RFC Editor web site

Bob Braden braden at ISI.EDU
Fri Dec 15 13:24:15 PST 2006

As we have been painfully aware for some time, the RFC Editor web site
had become rather disorganized.  Not only did our users have reasonable
complaints about the difficulty in finding information about the RFC
Editor and about RFCs, we sometimes had trouble ourselves!!

So, as a late act in the year 2006, we have installed a much revised
web site.  The home page and many of the key subsidiary pages have been
reorganized.

We realize this is not the last word on this subject, and that the new
contract will call for quite a lot of additional web information
pages.  However, we believe that the new organization will provide a
better basis for those extensions.  In any case, it is so clearly an
improvement on the previous state, that we thought it best to install
it sooner rather than later.

Comments/suggestions welcome.

The RFC Editor