[rfc-i] Documents at AUTH48 which have been cleared by all authors

Bill Fenner fenner at research.att.com
Thu Aug 17 10:04:25 PDT 2006

I agree with Pekka that a new state to indicate
"not waiting on authors any more" makes sense.
I've had a fair number of questions from authors
as to why documents were still in auth48 since
they knew that all authors had signed off.

As always, the graphs at
http://rtg.ietf.org/~fenner/iesg/rfc-deps.pdf
show the dependencies in the RFC Editor queue.
You can follow the arrows to see the indirect
dependencies that Bob mentions.  Documents in
purple are in AUTH or AUTH48 - you can see that
a fair number of the 15 that Bob mentioned are
in a bundle (page 3 right now, but the pages
change every time it's regenerated) dependent on the
PIM-SM spec, etc.

I'm glad to hear that the RFC Editor is planning an AUTH48
tool, since that's been an idea that's been rattling around
my brain too.  Before we have that, though, I think having
a state as Pekka mentions would be useful since it at least
gives the authors the information that they don't need to
do anything more, and it's (probably) a (relatively) lightweight
thing to do before the full-fledged tool is done.

  Bill