[rfc-i] 3987

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Mon Sep 12 22:11:51 PDT 2005

> some typos in RfC 3978 (BCP 78):
[...]

Thanks for adding this.  For the dubiuos part I've also posted
it on the IPR list, the author should be aware of it for a new
3987bis (if it was more than only a hallucination on my side):

<http://mid.gmane.org/42E496E1.542@xyzzy.claranet.de>

For the older 2069 erratum (?) or question (?) I'll wait what
you find out - it's only relevant for somebody trying to create
an MD5 test suite based on all examples published in RfCs (or
in other words nobody but me).

I just stumbled over another typo, RfC 3597 and 4034 enumerate:

[4034]
 if the type of the RR is NS, MD, MF, CNAME, SOA, MB, MG, MR, PTR,
 HINFO, MINFO, MX, HINFO, RP, AFSDB, RT, SIG, PX, NXT, NAPTR, KX,
 SRV, DNAME, A6, RRSIG, or NSEC, all uppercase US-ASCII letters in
[...]

[3597]
 consists of the RR types NS, MD, MF, CNAME, SOA, MB, MG, MR, PTR,
 HINFO, MINFO, MX, HINFO, RP, AFSDB, RT, SIG, PX, NXT, NAPTR, KX,
 SRV, DNAME, and A6.

Almost exactly the same list.  One HINFO too much is no issue,
but if this actually should be TXT it's a real typo.

                               Bye, Frank