[rfc-i] New NEWS item on RFC Editor web site

Bob Braden braden at ISI.EDU
Thu Oct 6 16:38:21 PDT 2005

  *> From fenner at research.att.com  Thu Oct  6 16:08:58 2005
  *> From: Bill Fenner <fenner at research.att.com>
  *> To: braden at ISI.EDU
  *> Subject: Re: [rfc-i] New NEWS item on RFC Editor web site
  *> Cc: narten at us.ibm.com, rfc-interest at rfc-editor.org
  *> Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 16:07:52 -0700
  *> Versions: dmail (linux) 2.7/makemail 2.14
  *> 	version=2.64
  *>
  *>
  *> Bob said:
  *> >  *> That is a good idea... in fact, so good that we have already implemented
  *> >  *> it in our internal bookkeeping but not yet propagated it out into the
  *> >  *> queue.  (Which will be trivial to do now that it is generated!).
  *> >  *> We introduced a new state REF-MISS for documents held up in this way.
  *> >  *> Should be coming to a theatre near you, real soon.
  *>
  *> Bob also added:
  *> >BTW, there are currently 36 documents in this state.
  *>
  *> Interesting, I count 57 documents whose dependencies (or
  *> dependencies of their dependencies) have not arrived.
  *>
  *> Are you just going by the direct references being in the queue?

I am counting only first-order dependencies.

Bob

  *> My number also counts documents like
  *> draft-ietf-sipping-cc-conferencing, whose direct REFs are
  *> all there but if you follow them two of them depend on
  *> draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-new, which is not there yet.
  *>
  *>   Bill
  *>