[rfc-i] 3987 (was: Errata (2069))

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Sat Jul 2 01:28:09 PDT 2005

> Hi, I've submitted an error for RfC 2069 some weeks ago.

No news about the (potential) 2069 error submitted 2005-02.
Also no news or feedback about at least one RfC 3987 typo:

Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 12:32:12 +0200
To: rfc-editor at rfc-editor.org

Hi, some typos in RfC 3978 (BCP 78):

In chapter "3.3.  Granting of Rights and Permissions" a. clause (C):

| The license to such derivative works not granting the ISOC and the
| IETF any more rights than the license to the original Contribution,

This sentence no verb.

In chapter "4.2.  Granting of Rights and Permissions" a. clause (C):

| The license to such derivative works not granting the ISOC and the
| IETF any more rights than the license to the original RFC Editor
| Contribution, and

Same problem - if it is a problem - as in 3.3.a (C).

In 3.3.a and 4.2.a most clauses are separated by a comma or the word
"and", but in 4.2.a (B) it's a period:

| to prepare or allow the preparation of translations of the RFC
| into languages other than English.

In chapter "5.3.  Publication Limitation":

| This notice can be used on IETF Contributions that are intended
| to provide background information to educate and to facilitate
| discussions within IETF working groups but are not intended to
| be published as an RFCs.

s/as an RFCs/as RFCs/
                          Bye, Frank