[rfc-i] Re: troff/nroff macros for RFCs and I-Ds

Bill Fenner fenner at research.att.com
Sat Jan 29 12:13:31 PST 2005

My main desire for outputting postscript was to have a more readable
form - see, for example, draft-ietf-pim-sm-v2-new-11.ps .  My macros
were intended to make it easy to create a nicely rendered typeset
version but permit generation of an ASCII version that doesn't lose
anything.

I've always gotten the advice to refer to pieces of documents by their
section number, not page number, to avoid the postscript/ASCII page
number differences.

  Bill