[rfc-i] independent submissions to RFC Editor

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Wed Jan 12 13:45:45 PST 2005

Bob Braden wrote:
>   *>
>   *> So, is the answer to his question "Yes, you should have probably
>   *> submitted it to the appropriate Area Director"? Given what you said
>   *> about funding and backlog, should he do so now?
>   *>
>   *> --Paul Hoffman, Director
>   *> --VPN Consortium
>   *>
>
> That depends. If the document is of a quality and subject that is
> appropriate for an IESG member to spend his/her very valuable time,
> and if he can find a willing AD, then go for it.

Hi,

thanks for the feeedback. The document in question does have a related
WG (webdav) and indeed has been discussed and informally last-called on
the WG's mailing list, but when I asked didn't find enough support to
make it a working group work item.

There are other things on the WG's agenda with high priority that I
don't want to interfere with; but once those are done and in case my
submission hasn't made any progress by then I'll try to get the
Applications Area Director to look at it.

 From a procedural point of view it would be nice if ID's that are in
the RFC Editor's queue would not expire after 6 months (do they right now?).

Best regards, Julian