[rfc-i] independent submissions to RFC Editor

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Tue Jan 4 12:30:27 PST 2005

Hi,

maybe somebody can shed some light on a question about the RFC Editor's
queue works...:

Sometime last September, I submitted an Internet Draft as "independent
submission" to the RFC Editor
(<http://www.rfc-editor.org/queue.html#reschke-webdav-property-datatypes>).
  Since then, seven more documents have been submitted, being in the
same state "ISR" ("Independent Submission Review by the RFC Editor").
However, the queue of older documents in the same state doesn't seem to
be processed (there are now 27 older documents in that state, and that
number doesn't seem to change at all).

So is there something I'm missing? Has this publication method somehow
been deprecated? Should I have submitted the draft to the applicable
Area Director instead?

Puzzled,

Julian