[rfc-i] ABNF (RFC2234)

Bruce Lilly blilly at erols.com
Wed Apr 6 13:45:25 PDT 2005

>  Date: 2005-04-06 07:02
>  From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck at verisign.com>

> ...and with the recent IESG approval of draft-crocker-abnf-rfc2234bis (which obsoletes RFC 2234), the erratum for RFC 2234 become irrelevent.

I can think of a couple of reasons why errata for 2234 remain relevant:

1. 2234 is referenced by a number of other RFCs; until such time as
   those RFCs are updated, readers are likely to look at 2234 and
   possibly errata

2. An historical record of changes to the ABNF specification may be of
   interest (not only to historians, but in conjunction with NEWTRK
   "ISD" documents)