[rfc-i] Draft -01
Paul Hoffman / VPNC
paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Mon Sep 13 14:15:13 PDT 2004
Thanks for all the previous comments on the -00 draft. The -01 is out now:
Title : Instructions to Request for Comments (RFC) Authors
Author(s) : P. Hoffman
Filename : draft-hoffman-rfc-author-guide-01.txt
Pages : 0
Date : 2004-9-13
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
It contains the following changes, which I think is what folks
wanted. (It does not contain items that were discussed that were not
already part of the current RFC process.)
Please let me know if you have any further suggestions and changes to
the document, particularly with respect to how the process actually
works today. Thanks!
Changes from -00 to -01
- Small editorial changes throughout based on comments from the
rfc-interest mailing list.
- Removed open questions throughout.
- 2.1: Moved the previous section 7 (RFC Tools) to section 2.1, and
expanded on xml2rfc. Renumbered the rest of section 2.
- 2.2: Added paragraph at the end about requirements above those for
turing in Internet Drafts.
- 2.3: Specified where the IAB submission rules are described.
- 4.3: Claified the origin of the number-of-names policy.
- 4.6: Added the second paragraph about empty IANA consideration
- 4.7: Added the last sentence about the security considerations section
being required even if trivial.
- 4.9: Clarified that only one piece of address information is required.
- 4.10: Added this section ("Titles for non-IETF RFCs").
- 6.2: Updated this to point to the correct RFCs for example addresses
for IPv4 and IPv6. Also added those as references.
- 6.4: Shortened the description of citations in abstracts.
- 6.4: Added "The introduction must be the first numbered section.".
- References: Made all reference citations mneumonic.
- Author's address: fixed formatting.
--Paul Hoffman, Director
More information about the rfc-interest