[rfc-i] Fwd: I-D

Geoff Huston gih at apnic.net
Wed Sep 8 15:33:06 PDT 2004

At 07:01 AM 9/09/2004, Bob Hinden wrote:
>At 01:51 PM 09/08/2004, scott bradner wrote:
>> > Draft expiration policies are outside of TOOLs team
>> > scope but I hope we can influence them.
>>
>>fwiw - I think the policy of pretending that IDs go away after they
>>expire is very silly and its very counter productive to remembering
>>old ideas and to do IPR searches
>
>Agreed.

agreed

I've been looking at how to define the 'history' of RFCs from the original
draft through to the RFC, with diffs at each step in the draft and the
draft -> rfc step.

The generic reference for this work is
http://bgp.poaroo.net/ietf/idref/rfc<nnnn>
e.g.: http://www.potaroo.net/ietf/idref/rfc3407