[rfc-i] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-hoffman-rfc-author-guide-00.txt

Bob Braden braden at ISI.EDU
Tue Sep 7 16:03:27 PDT 2004

  *> Well, I do have evidence. For one RFC I authored, the AUTH48 period
  *> actually lasted over two weeks, because with each iteration, a new bug
  *> was introduced or re-introduced. That would have been easily avoided if
  *> the XML version (that was available) would have used for publishing
  *> (possibly fine-tuning xml2rfc's output once all content-related issues
  *> were resolved).
  *>
  *> Best regards, Julian
  *>

Julian,

More commonly, the auth48 process is held up because one of the authors
discovers something that they had overlooked and asks for a change,
which then has be negotiated among the authors and with the responsible
ADs.  Our first priority is to get it right, since published RFCs
cannot be changed and may be important for 10 years or more.

Bob Braden