[rfc-i] Spelling out abbreviations in RFC titles

Peter Koch pk at TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Tue Sep 7 04:38:14 PDT 2004

Graham Klyne wrote:

> (b) Create a list of "well known" abbreviations at some publicly accessible
> location

e.g. in 1rfc_index.txt

> (c) Add to the boilerplate or some common document location a note
> indicating where the list of "well known" abbreviations can be
> found.  (Maybe, also add such a note to I-D announcements?)

The boilerplate is already long. The abbreviation should be expanded within
the document itself, e.g. in the introduction, so anyone already about to
read tho RFC find it in the text while someone only searching the titles
would also find an explanation.

-Peter