[rfc-i] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-hoffman-rfc-author-guide-00.txt

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Sat Sep 4 00:52:20 PDT 2004

Paul Hoffman / VPNC wrote:

> There has been no public evidence that the editorial changes that the
> RFC Editor makes cause the long RFC queue or publication delays. I
> strongly doubt it is so, but the RFC Editor folks can correct me if I'm
> wrong here.

Well, I do have evidence. For one RFC I authored, the AUTH48 period
actually lasted over two weeks, because with each iteration, a new bug
was introduced or re-introduced. That would have been easily avoided if
the XML version (that was available) would have used for publishing
(possibly fine-tuning xml2rfc's output once all content-related issues
were resolved).

Best regards, Julian