[rfc-i] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-hoffman-rfc-author-guide-00.txt

Bill Fenner fenner at research.att.com
Thu Sep 2 09:37:50 PDT 2004

>As a recent user of xml2rfc, I think it still needs a bit of work [...]

Not that this is necessarily any more straightforward, but I have
an XSL transform that turns xml2rfc source into nroff, which with some
macros builds the whole RFC in txt or PDF (the PDF has clickable
cross-references, [sometimes]).

It uses too many groff features for the RFC-Editor to be happy with
the output (e.g., it builds the TOC using an auxilliary file), but
I think it's reasonable for creating I-Ds for submission.

  Bill