[rfc-i] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-hoffman-rfc-author-guide-00.txt

Paul Hoffman / VPNC paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Wed Sep 1 21:45:18 PDT 2004

Greetings again. I have reformulated draft-rfc-editor-rfc2223bis in a
couple of ways. I removed what I hope is all the material that a
document author doesn't need to know, re-organized it to bring the
required information together into two sections and the optional
information into a different section, cleaned up a lot of the wording
and examples, and made all the reference citations use the same
format.

Please let me know if you think this is a useful document. It is
always sad to hear people say that they spent hours doing things for
Internet Drafts that turn out to be irrelevant to getting published
as an RFC, and I hope this alternate presentation will make it much
clearer what they do and don't need to do. There are also a few open
questions that would be good to clean up for the -01. Comments are,
of course, welcome.

--Paul Hoffman