[rfc-i] RFC search tool capabilities to the RFC index ?

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Thu Nov 18 12:10:07 PST 2004

Speaking of which..

The RFC search has a useful functionality to:
  - show historic/obsoleted documents grayed-out
  - provide a link to the errata.

Unfortanately, I haven't been able to see the same input for the
*index* of all RFCs, or RFCs selected based on some criteria (based on
the category, based on RFC number, or even all of them), with the same
kind of user interface.

The best I've found is at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/category.html

Would it make sense to provide this in the same format as the RFC
search tool, or at least by "graying-out" obsoleted/historic
documents in the RFC-indexes such as:

http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc-index2.html

.. to make it easier to spot still-assumed-relevant information
visually?