[rfc-i] re: new MS Word template

John C Klensin john+rfc at jck.com
Sat Nov 6 18:31:26 PST 2004

--On Saturday, 06 November, 2004 18:43 -0500 Dave Crocker
<dhc2 at dcrocker.net> wrote:

>>  (2) I think that, with the advent of Word 2003 and its
>>  near-XML output capability the right way to do things going
>>  forward probably involves building appropriate style sheets
>>  and a Word-MS- XML to RFC 2629bis translator.
>
> yeah.  that would definitely be nice... for those using recent
> versions of word.

Dave, part of what I was trying to suggest is that it would not
be very hard to set up, on an appropriate server somewhere, a
recent version of Word that could be scripted to suck in older
Word files and return the MS-XML.  I certainly know about the
"recent versions of Word", problem: most of my machines are
still on older ones and likely to remain so.

   john