[rfc-i] Draft: Representation of Unicode and UTF-8 characters

Paul Hoffman / VPNC paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Sat May 15 08:52:45 PDT 2004

At 9:06 PM -0400 5/14/04, Henning Schulzrinne wrote:
>For names in acknowlegements and protocol examples...

Two notes of major concern here:

- Why is there a difference between names in acknowledgements and
names of RFC authors? If this has been in place a little over a year
ago, Patrik Fältström would have had his name spelled differently in
RFC 3490 and RFC 3491, even though the two RFCs cover the same
protocol.

- Has anyone asked folks who have non-ASCII characters in their names
how they feel about this? If not, we should stop immediately on this
thread. Somehow, I can imagine that someone would rather have their
name in the acknowledgements be spelled
    Jose Munoz
instead of
    Jos<U+00E9> Mu<U+00F1>oz