[rfc-i] rfc-info needs your help!

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Wed Mar 31 12:18:11 PST 2004

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Bob Hinden wrote:

> I see the ability to receive RFC's by email is a useful service.

I agree that the service is useful, but that is irrelevant. There are
two relevant and related questions:
	- Is the service essential?
	- Does RFC Editor have far more important things in the queue?

My answers to the above are "no" and "yes". That is why I suggested to
suspend the service, given the fact that it is currently seriously
broken.

Alex.
P.S.
> Now that I think about it, I might even use it sometime myself
> because it is easier than having to right click, selecting "save
> link as file", etc. in a browser.  Especially if I had a list of
> RFCs I wanted to retrieve.

 If you have a list of RFCs, you can use wget to fetch that list.
 No right clicking is required. With little effort, you can even
 setup a local RFC mirror on your laptop! Again, RFC Editor should
 provide mainstream access to RFCs. The rest can be done by
 individuals or 3rd party groups that need alternatives.