[rfc-i] rfc-info needs your help!

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Wed Mar 31 09:06:31 PST 2004

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Aaron Falk wrote:
> 3. Drop the service all together.  Let people use the RFC Editor web
> and ftp services to retrieve documents.  This seems undesirable as the
> service does get used and there are places where web access is limited.
>   We'd strongly like to preserve email as a method of retrieving RFCs.

I've always wondered about the applicability of this.  My vote would
go for dropping this.  This scenario was useful 10, 15, 20 years ago,
but not really anymore.  At the moment, all this seems to be doing is
increasing the length & complexity of RFC announcements :)

It might be interesting trying to figure out the profile of the
legitimate users of the service, though.