[rfc-i] Status of draft-rfc-editor-rfc2223bis?

Thomas Narten narten at us.ibm.com
Thu Jun 10 11:33:24 PDT 2004

David,

This is not really a topic for this list, but I can't ignore this
either.

> 	Let me suggest that it can get worse. What happens when a
> 	document goes into "Expert Review :: External Party", and
> 	an expert registers comments (that get into the COMMENTS
> 	field), then never responds to the author's response to
> 	the comments? This is one way to effectively block
> 	a document (this is very much like filibuster, only by
> 	silence).

If a document gets stuck like this, frustrated parties should contact
the Shepherding AD. If that doesn't get a reasonable response,
escalate, either by trying other ADs you think might listen, or going
directly to Harald (as IETF Chair). But letting documents just sit is
not acceptable. I don't think anyone would argue for that.

Thomas