[rfc-i] Status of draft-rfc-editor-rfc2223bis?

David Meyer dmm at 1-4-5.net
Thu Jun 10 11:09:18 PDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 11:00:47AM -0700, Paul Hoffman / VPNC wrote:
>> Greetings again. According to the Internet Drafts tracker,
>> draft-rfc-editor-rfc2223bis has been stuck for nine months waiting
>> for comments back to the shepherding AD (Harald Alvestrand). Is that
>> really true? We reall need this document finished and made an RFC. If
>> it isn't true, someone should get the I-D tracker to reflect reality.
>>
>> <https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=8420&rfc_flag=0>

	Let me suggest that it can get worse. What happens when a
	document goes into "Expert Review :: External Party", and
	an expert registers comments (that get into the COMMENTS
	field), then never responds to the author's response to
	the comments? This is one way to effectively block
	a document (this is very much like filibuster, only by
	silence).

	Dave