[rfc-i] bibliographic listing of RFCs

Peter Koch pk at TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Thu Jul 29 01:01:29 PDT 2004

Aaron Falk <falk at ISI.EDU> wrote:

> ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc-ref.txt .
> Hope you find this helpful.  Feedback is welcome.

thanks, the pointers to the superseding docs are helpful. Maybe you could
add another column "updated by"?

On a related topic: When citing RFCs outside IETF documents one usually has
to name a publisher or issuer/editor. During the years I've seen different
approaches to this, naming either the IAB, the IETF/IESG or sometimes the
author's (or authors') institution(s). "The RFC-Editor" would also come to
mind, but I'm not too sure what's the right thing to do here (not even that
there is one right way at all).