[rfc-i] Increasing WG chair role in RFC-editor editing process?

Paul Hoffman / VPNC paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Sun Feb 29 14:30:37 PST 2004

At 12:03 PM -0800 2/29/04, Bob Braden wrote:
>This makes good sense to me, and I believe that the RFC Editor would
>welcome such a change that improves communication.  The cost is a
>little bit of extra book-keeping.  It might be helpful if the IESG
>included the email addresses of the relevant chairs in their submission
>message to the RFC Editor.  Perhaps we could add the info to our queue
>entries (but the staff needs a chance to talk this over, probably after
>IETF.)

Given that WG chairs change over time, sometimes while a document is
in the RFC Editor's queue, it would probably be better to have the WG
name, not the chair's names, attached to the document in the queue.
When the RFC Editor makes the message for the (now heavily-misnamed)
48-hour notice, they look up the WG chairs contact info from the IETF
pages.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium