[rfc-i] RFC Editor report
jkrey at ISI.EDU
Fri Feb 6 11:47:59 PST 2004
Greetings. Enclosed is a report on the RFC Editor's recent
activities. We will be sending this type of information to this list
(for RFC Editor)
- We are preparing a set of RFC Editor rules on how to
They will be posted on the RFC Editor web site and relayed to
the IETF Secretariat so that they may update their website
and pertinent files.
- The RFC Editor has set up and announced a new mailing
list, rfc-interest at rfc-editor.org, as a home for discussions
particularly related to the functions and procedures of the
- RFC Editor has been in discussions with the IESG w.r.t. the
IESG's role in reviewing RFC Editor documents. It is not an
easy topic to resolve. The IESG and RFC Editor will continue
to collaborate and continue this thread at the Seoul IETF and
at the IESG Retreat at the end of March.
- We are processing more documents using XML submissions to
- The recent document flood is growing the queue
(http://www.rfc-editor.org/queue-stats/). We've increased
editor level of effort to respond.
- We've added a search function to errata web page
More information about the rfc-interest