[rfc-i] RFC Editor report

Joyce Reynolds jkrey at ISI.EDU
Fri Feb 6 11:47:59 PST 2004

Greetings.  Enclosed is a report on the RFC Editor's recent
activities.  We will be sending this type of information to this list
periodically.

Joyce
(for RFC Editor)

	- We are preparing a set of RFC Editor rules on how to
	  implement RFCs-to-be:
	  draft-ietf-ipr-submission-rights-08.txt,
	  draft-ietf-ipr-technology-rights-12.txt, and
	  draft-ietf-ipr-wg-guidelines-05.txt.

	  They will be posted on the RFC Editor web site and relayed to
	  the IETF Secretariat so that they may update their website
	  and pertinent files.

	- The RFC Editor has set up and announced a new mailing
	  list, rfc-interest at rfc-editor.org, as a home for discussions
	  particularly related to the functions and procedures of the
	  RFC Editor.

	- RFC Editor has been in discussions with the IESG w.r.t. the
	  IESG's role in reviewing RFC Editor documents.  It is not an
	  easy topic to resolve.  The IESG and RFC Editor will continue
	  to collaborate and continue this thread at the Seoul IETF and
	  at the IESG Retreat at the end of March.

	- We are processing more documents using XML submissions to
	  generate nroff.

	- The recent document flood is growing the queue
	  (http://www.rfc-editor.org/queue-stats/).  We've increased
	  editor level of effort to respond.

	- We've added a search function to errata web page
	  (http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata.html).