[rfc-i] Committee for opposing more tedious boilerplate (was: errata maintenance)

John C Klensin john+rfc at jck.com
Tue Apr 13 15:49:50 PDT 2004

It is my understanding that the lawyers don't like this sort of
idea, precisely because of the ease with which a web page can be
changed out from under a document, resulting in conditions
different from those under which the document was published.
While the other three lines you list might work, the bulk of the
boilerplate today is lawyer-associated or lawyer-induced, so the
savings might not be great.

   john

--On Tuesday, 13 April, 2004 16:34 -0600 Alex Rousskov