[rfc-i] Discrepancy between 3667 specified Copyright text and current practice

Henrik Levkowetz henrik at levkowetz.com
Wed Apr 7 12:30:38 PDT 2004

Hi,

    I'm currently working on adding rfc 3667 compliance checks to the
idnits tool (http://mip4.org/tools/idnits/), and came across a
discrepancy between the full copyright text as given in 3667 Section 5.4,
and the one used in recently published RFCs.

RFC 3667, Section 5.4 specifies this text:

      "Copyright (C) The Internet Society (year).  This document is
      subject to the rights, licenses and restrictions contained in BCP
      78, and except as set forth therein, the authors retain all their
      rights."

while recently published RFCs say:

      "Copyright (C) The Internet Society (2004).  This document is
      subject to the rights, licenses and restrictions contained in BCP
      78 and except as set forth therein, the authors retain all their
      rights."

Notice the omitted comma after "78" in the latter version.

Is this a mistake or an intentional deviation?  What should I have the
idnits tool check compliance with?

	Regards,
		Henrik