[rfc-dist] RFC 6571 on Loop-Free Alternate (LFA) Applicability in Service Provider (SP) Networks

rfc-editor at rfc-editor.org rfc-editor at rfc-editor.org
Mon Jun 11 15:47:37 PDT 2012

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6571

        Title:      Loop-Free Alternate (LFA) Applicability in
                    Service Provider (SP) Networks
        Author:     C. Filsfils, Ed.,
                    P. Francois, Ed.,
                    M. Shand, B. Decraene,
                    J. Uttaro, N. Leymann,
                    M. Horneffer
        Date:       June 2012
        Mailbox:    cf at cisco.com,
                    pierre.francois at imdea.org,
                    imc.shand at googlemail.com,
                    bruno.decraene at orange.com,
                    uttaro at att.com,
                    N.Leymann at telekom.de,
                    Martin.Horneffer at telekom.de
        Pages:      35
        Characters: 71363
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rtgwg-lfa-applicability-06.txt

In this document, we analyze the applicability of the Loop-Free
Alternate (LFA) method of providing IP fast reroute in both the core
and access parts of Service Provider networks.  We consider both the
link and node failure cases, and provide guidance on the
applicability of LFAs to different network topologies, with special
emphasis on the access parts of the network.  This document is not
an Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for
informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Routing Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce