[rfc-dist] RFC 6385 on General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) Experiences

rfc-editor at rfc-editor.org rfc-editor at rfc-editor.org
Tue Oct 18 11:32:41 PDT 2011

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6385

        Title:      General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
                    Experiences
        Author:     M. Barnes, A. Doria,
                    H. Alvestrand, B. Carpenter
        Date:       October 2011
        Mailbox:    mary.ietf.barnes at gmail.com,
                    avri at acm.org,
                    harald at alvestrand.no,  brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 53233
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-doria-genart-experience-04.txt

The General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) has been doing reviews of
Internet-Drafts (I-Ds) since 2004.  This document discusses the
experience and the lessons learned over the past 7 years of this
process.  The review team initially reviewed the I-Ds before each of
the IESG telechats.  Since late 2005, review team members have been
assigned to review I-Ds during IETF Last Call, unless no IETF Last
Call is necessary for the I-D.  The same reviewer then reviews any
updates when the I-D is placed on an IESG telechat agenda.
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce