[rfc-dist] RFC 6281 on Understanding Apple's Back to My Mac (BTMM) Service

rfc-editor at rfc-editor.org rfc-editor at rfc-editor.org
Tue Jun 28 15:35:33 PDT 2011

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6281

        Title:      Understanding Apple's Back to My
                    Mac (BTMM) Service
        Author:     S. Cheshire, Z. Zhu,
                    R. Wakikawa, L. Zhang
        Date:       June 2011
        Mailbox:    cheshire at apple.com,
                    zhenkai at ucla.edu,
                    ryuji at jp.toyota-itc.com,
                    lixia at cs.ucla.edu
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 39314
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-zhu-mobileme-doc-05.txt

This document describes the implementation of Apple Inc.'s Back to My
Mac (BTMM) service.  BTMM provides network connectivity between
devices so that a user can perform file sharing and screen sharing
among multiple computers at home, at work, or on the road.  The
implementation of BTMM addresses the issues of single sign-on
authentication, secure data communication, service discovery, and
end-to-end connectivity in the face of Network Address Translators
(NATs) and mobility of devices.  This document is not an Internet
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational
purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce